Say Hello to the Beauty Blender!
The Beauty Blender has been around for a while now and I’ve been curious about it ever since it came out. I finally got the chance to get my hands on it and I wanted to share my thoughts on its performance and efficacy, as well as a demonstration on how I use it.
If you’re not familiar with the Beauty Blender, here are a few excerpts from their site:
“The ultimate make up sponge applicator. Invented by top Hollywood make up artist Rea Ann Silva, Beautyblender has been created to leave you with a professional finish and a flawless complexion.”
“Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free.”
I purchased my beauty blender from Beauty.com for only $19.00 because I didn’t get the cleanser. The site offers free shipping once you reach $25.00 only. So if you want one of yours, this site, in my opinion, is the best place to get it.
Here’s how it looked like when I got it.
It was very tiny and neon pink which I thought was absolutely adorable! I like how the packaging is simple but it protected the product from damage.
How to use the Beauty Blender?
- First Time use, you’ll have to take it out of the box (obviously) and wet it with water until it doubles up in size. You’ll notice that it will become more soft and plump.
- The beauty blender works with liquid, cream, and powder products, so you don’t have to worry about what kind of foundation to use with it.
- You can use a blending, patting, stippling motion to apply your product.
- Use the wider end to apply product on the sides of your face, forehead, and chin. Use the more narrow tip to reach corners on your face like the under eyes, sides of the nose and lips too.
- The dampness of the sponge will allow your product to diffuse on your face and make it set better and far longer than using a brush. It will also blend products nicely on the face, making it look natural.
- In my opinion, the beauty blender mimics your hands but with more accuracy and efficacy when blending and applying your makeup.
How to clean the beauty blender?
You might be wondering if you have to purchase the cleanser that comes along with it. My answer would be, not really. Personally, I think you can simply use a gentle face cleanser to wash away the product and rinse it with water. But if you want to be sure, you can always check out the travel sized cleansers sold for only $9.00 at the Beauty Blender site.
I suggest you minimize washing it though. maybe every three days or weekly at maximum. Too much washing might wear out your sponge.
PROS AND CONS!
- It’s affordable and easily accessible.
- It’s very easy to use.
- It blends product so well that it leaves your face feeling light.
- It allows products to set nicely on the skin preventing the unwanted cakey appearance of thick makeup.
- You can pack on your product without having to worry, especially if you need more coverage than usual.
- It’s very versatile. It can do the job of a foundation and powder brush, as well as a contour and blush brush.
- It’s easy to clean and dries up quickly for it to be ready for next use.
- It’s latex free, non-allergenic, and odor free.
- When you wash it, some of the product does not come off. It leaves a stain on your sponge. I’ve tried squeezing it out while washing but it’s already on the surface and cannot be removed.
- Since it’s a sponge, it has a tendency to absorb liquid products with thinner consistency when you use it to apply it on your face rather than just to blend. You can use a different applicator to apply and then use the beauty blender to blend it out if you want to save on product.
- The color fades as you wash it but not to an extent where it’s incredibly pale.
Watch me use my beauty blender to apply my foundation in this video. For demonstration sake, I packed on the product so you can see how it doesn’t leave my face cakey or heavy.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel if you haven’t yet to get updated on new video tutorials, hauls, or reviews.
I hope this was helpful to you and if you have any questions, just comment or tweet me! Subscribe to my blog to be updated via email on new posts automatically! Simply enter your email at the subscribe area at the top right 🙂
Se you in my next post!