I’ve been hunting for a great foundation ever since ever and I never really gave San San a chance back then. Maybe it was because their packaging looked cheap, they were sold for ridiculously cheap and I didn’t really hear a lot of raves about their products.
But now, here I am reviewing their San San Soleil foundation. This is the second foundation I tried from them. The first one was the San San Matte Finish Liquid Foundation. If you want to know what I think about it, just check out my demo video here.
Anyway, this particular product was actually a shocker to me. Thanks to a great beauty blogger, Ayana Grace from Codename Aya, I got curious. Her review was quite thorough and generally positive, so I went ahead and got myself one when I visited my HBC outlet.
At that time, i got it for Php100+, I know, I know, it’s crazy…but wait till you hear this: For the Holidays, they’re sold for only Php80! I’m not kidding. After I post this, I am going back to HBC and grabbing myself a few tubes of this.
Product name: San San Soleil Matte Foundation with Vit. A,C,E and SPF 43
Price: Php160 (Promo price of Php80) for 30 ml
Squalene, titanium dioxide, candelilla wax, methylsilsesquioxane, boron nitride, beeswax, benzoic acid, benzophenone-3, homosalate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A), ascorbyl palmitate (Vitamin C), tocopherol (Vitamin E), CI 77492, CI 77891, CI 77499.
Provides excellent makeup coverage for blemishes and uneven skin tone to promote a smoother and radiant complexion.
- It’s very affordable and locally available at any HBC outlet.
- It has medium to full coverage which reduces concealing steps remarkably.
- sets matte and has a flawless finish.
- Allows other products on the face to blend and set really well, making it look very natural.
- A little goes a long, long way.
- It has no unpleasant smell and comes in a pump container which is perfect for on-the-go and it’s hygienic as well.
- It has vitamins A,C,E and an SPF of 43
- It did not break me out.
- It only comes in one shade. but it does oxidize to blend to your skin color.
- If you apply too much or if you don’t use a good primer, it will transfer really bad.
- If you don’t know how to properly apply the product, it will look like a mask on your face. So blend well and contour plus highlight.
- For oily skin, proper skin care and applying primer is key.
- It requires buffing with a very dense brush.
- It contains SPF that may give off a white cast when photographed so be careful.
- Vitamin C may cause allergic reactions to some skin types, so test it on an area of your skin first and wait for 24 hours, before applying to your face.