A Review on Ever Bilena Concealers.
If there is one cosmetic product I cannot live without, it would have to be a concealer. It hides spots, dark circles, pimples, scars and provides smooth-on, blend-in camouflage coverage for flaws. I honestly think it’s the best cosmetic product ever invented. Ever Bilena concealers come in many forms, so I will be reviweing them today.
So, I decided to do a review on local concealers available in the market (Ever Bilena Concealers). My goal is to provide an honest review based on how I used them, having oily skin, and how satisfying they are.
This is just the first part of a series of reviews. It was literally impossible to make just one blog post covering all the concealers.
EVER BILENA CONCEALERS:
EVER BILENA CONCEALER (mousse)
I have been using this for a month and a half now. I’m in Pure beige and I have to admit it’s a good match for my skin tone. I even raved about this concealer in my Early June Favorites video. This is my first time using mousse products and to be honest, I don’t really know what a mousse formula is. I’ve tried reading about them, but I usually get directed to food recipes or sites that define it as liquid incorporated with air so it’s thinner and smoother in consistency…plus it comes in a spray can. The way I see it, I don’t see any hints of air incorporated in this product, and It sure as hell aint placed in a spray can!
- It comes in a big container, so there’s a lot more product.
- It’s very affordable (P175.00)
- It blends perfectly with my skin tone.
- You can easily build up the coverage in even, thin layers.
- It did not cake or crease on most areas of my face.
- It sets really well when applied with loose or pressed powder on top.
- It can be applied after applying powder on because it does not cake.
- It has decent coverage for blemishes and pigmentation.
- It can be safely used for the under eyes.
- It may be difficult to work with if you have dry skin.
- The consistency can get very dry with time.
- It comes in a limited variety of shades.
TESTING THE PRODUCT:
EVER BILENA CONCEALER (wand)
- It comes in a 9 ml container, which is quite big compared to other brands.
- It’s affordable (P125.00)
- It has UVA/UVB protection
- It smells like Cocoa butter. I like it.
- The wand applicator is long enough, so it’s easier for me to use it.
- It’s not too dilute, and it’s not too sticky. The consistency is just right.
- It can fit a wide range of skin tones (for under eyes application)
- It does not cake once it has fully dried & it has been set with powder.
- The container looks cheap.
- It’s not as opaque as I want it to be. This would be good for those that have mild dark under eye circles.
- It lightens your dark circles, but it fails to completely conceal it. You need to reinforce the edges with cream concealer.
- You need more than one application to completely cover your dark circles. That’s a hassle.
- I doubt you can use this for blemishes or pimples.
- It’s preferable to use your fingers when applying, or a very light hand when using a blending brush, not a concealer brush. That’s kind of a hassle.
EVER BILENA CONCEALER STICK
This is basically a gel cream concealer in a stick container. I got mine in Medium because it was the only decent color for my skin tone. The other two were too light and too dark. It’s actually pretty nifty because you simply rotate the screw-like thing at the bottom and the product will rise from the tube. Cream concealers are good for covering blemishes. If you use a cream concealer on your dark circles, you will observe that it will cake or crease. That is because cream concealers, especially those that are thick in consistency, are not made for covering dark under eye circles. However, gel cream concealers are a mix of cream and gel just like the Eve Pearl Salmon concealer. It can be used for the under eyes.
- It’s affordable (P150.00)
- The whole thing has about an inch of product inside. That’s actually decent enough for the price.
- It comes in a nifty, convenient container that you can bring with you anywhere.
- It doesn’t have a nasty smell. It actually smells like bath soap…weird, but I like it.
- It has medium coverage. You have to pat it on with your fingers or concealer brush, in a rapid motion to blend well.
- You only need one application to cover your dark circles, but more than one for blemishes.
- It does not cake even if you apply it after you applied powder.
- I noticed that with time, because of its gel-like consistency, you can rub off the product like rubbing off dead skin. That’s disgusting, but easy to clean anyway, lol.
- It can look patchy if you have oily skin.
- It tends to melt when you have oily skin and you sweat a lot.
- You can only choose between light, medium, and dark.
EVER BILENA CONCEALER (advanced liquid)
I got the one in Soft Beige. It’s a liquid concealer that is actually multi-purpose. You can use it anywhere on your face. I haven’t really used it on other areas, but you are free to do so! First of all, Soft beige does not suit me. It’s too orange for a beige color. It was difficult to find a shade that would fit my skin tone, so I decided to try it out for a bit and just use it primarily for clients who will sit well with the shade.
- There’s a lot of product. It comes in a 20 mL tube for only P160.00 I think. I’m not sure.
- A dot of product goes a long, long way!
- This will probably last you your entire life. lol.
- It has UVA/UVB protection.
- It has Glycerin which is good for keeping the skin supple by locking in moisture.
- It has light to medium coverage, and is very buildable.
- The packaging is sleek…in my opinion.
- Coverage will last a long time without having to re-apply.
- It blends well with cream & liquid foundation.
- It contains mineral oil which is good for dry skin, but not so good for oily skin.
- They have only 3 shades to choose from.
- You need to stipple it on your face, or pat with your fingers in a rapid motion. So, basically you need to know exactly how to apply it.
- Using a concealer brush will get you nowhere.
- You need more than one application to cover blemishes.
- Not effective for under eye circles.