I was contacted by Bing of The Project Awesome and Makeup by Bing Castro about her newly opened NYX online store. She has affordable NYX products available for pre-order. If you want to check them out, just click here.
I wasn’t really in a buying mood but when I saw that she was selling the Nude on Nude palette for only Php 1,100, I had to get my hands on them.
I have been meaning to buy the Urban Decay Naked palette just because I wanted to see what the hype was all about. It seemed like everyone has it and absolutely loves the thing. So, curiosity got the best of me.
When I heard about the NYX dupe for the said palette, I went ahead and researched about the product and tried to see if it really was a worthy opponent.
I found this comprehensive and comparative video on YouTube that convinced me to buy the Nude on Nude. If you want to see it for yourself, just check this out.
While searching for the video, I saw that gossmakeupartist also has a video about the Nude on Nude palette. If you want to see it, click here!
Here are the product details for the palette:
Product name: NYX Nude on Nude
NYX Nude on Nude set is a classy medley of 20 neutral eye shadows and 10 vibrant lip colors that work for every skin tone and every occasion. This makeup palette comes with a mirror and 2 applicators for your lips and eyes, making it perfectly portable.
Compact: 6.75″W x 2.375″H x 1″D
Extended: 6.75″W x 4″H x 2.75″D
EYE SHADOW – Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Synthetic Wax, Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, and Propylparaben. MAY CONTAIN:Titanium Dioxide ( CI 77891 ), Iron Oxide Yellow ( CI 77492 ), Iron Oxide Black ( CI 77499 ), Iron Oxide Red ( CI 77491 ), Ultramarine Blue ( CI 77007 ), Manganese Violet ( CI 77742), or Mica (77019).
LIP GLOSS – Polybutene, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Mineral Oil, Beeswax, Ceresin, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, and Ethylhexyl Palmitate. MAY CONTAIN: D&C Red 28 Al Lake ( CI 45410 ), D&C Red 6 Na. Salt ( CI 15850 ), D&C Red 7 CA Lake ( CI 15850 ), Titanium Dioxide ( CI 77891 ), Iron Oxide Black ( CI 77499 ), Iron Oxide Yellow ( CI 77492 ), Iron Oxide Red ( CI 77491 ), Mica (CI 77019).
THANK YOU www.nyxcosmetics.com FOR THE INFORMATION!
Here are pictures of my Nyx Nude on Nude palette:
I absolutely love the packaging! The color is obviously similar to the Naked palette except it’s made of durable plastic and it’s slimmer and smaller in width.
I was so excited when I got this in the mail. I automatically swatched the eye shadow by layers, but left the lip colors alone.
- It’s a lot more affordable than the Naked palette.
- You get more value for your money.
- If you are a nude eye shadows maniac, then this is perfect for you.
- The packaging is attractive and very durable. You can bring this with you while you travel without having to worry about the eye shadows and lip colors getting damaged.
- It’s very travel friendly.
- It has 10 lip colors that are strategically placed in the palette.
- The size is also very convenient. You can place it in your bag or purse and it would fit. (unless it’s a really small purse!)
- The eye shadows are pigmented, non-chalky, and very easy to apply. All the swatches were made with one swipe.
- Compered to the Urban Decay Naked palette , this one offers more matte eye shadows, which to me, is preferable for daily wear.
- It also offers more variety of eye shadows.
- The lip colors aren’t as creamy and pigmented as I expected. I was hoping for a NYX round lipsticks kind of quality.
- The brushes included in the palette are mediocre.
- It’s quite pricey for a personal palette (but I think it’s worth it)