The All Natural Vegan Makeup: Advanced Mineral Makeup
Mineral Makeup has been popular for a while now because of its benefits. But today we are going to talk about something more than that. We will get to know Advanced Mineral Makeup!
What is Advanced Mineral Makeup? It’s an all natural, 100% Vegan mineral makeup brand that is paraben free, with no fillers or fragrance. Doesn’t that sound so good to your ears?
First, it’s all-natural. It doesn’t have parabens and synthetic ingredients in it which reduces, if not eliminates the risks to our health. It does not have the aging effects of most non-natural cosmetics in the market and in fact, it boosts the skin and helps with conditions like acne, rosacea, broken capillaries and hyper-pigmentation.
Second, it’s 100% Vegan. What is Vegan makeup? These are cosmetics that do not use ingredients derived from, or tested on animals. This is in response to the growing concern for animal cruelty.
Third, it’s used on the set of Grey’s Anatomy and NCIS because it’s camera friendly! I’m a huge fan of Grey’s Anatomy and I’ve noticed that their makeup looks extremely natural. I can literally see their skin and I think it’s fantastic to be able to be on camera with minimal makeup and still look beautiful.
Lastly, it’s non comedogenic and fragrance free which means it’s great for sensitive skin! Advanced Mineral Makeup is also great for all skin types.
These are only a few of the things that Advanced Mineral Makeup has to offer you.
So, I had the opportunity to try two of their products: Their Advanced Mineral Makeup liquid mineral foundation and Advanced Mineral Makeup pressed powder compacts.
They have seven colors to choose from for their liquid mineral foundation which are:
They have four different varieties of their pressed powders which are:
The liquid foundation consists of the following ingredients:
Aloe Bardadensis Juice, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Titanium dioxide, emulsifying wax, Tocopherol, Iron oxide, Mica, Zinc Oxide, purified water, Dimethylaminoethanol, Stearic Acid, Limnanthes Alba oil, Daucus Carota Sativa OIl, Methylsulfonylmethane, Phenoxyethanol, Konjac Glucomannan, Rosmariuns Officinalis, Azadirachta Indica, Xanthan gum, Polysorbate tetrasodium edta, Citric Acid
The Pressed Powder consists of the following ingredients:
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Sweet Almond Oil, Octylhydroxystearate, Silica, Zinc Oxide, Aloe Vera OIl, Green Tea Extract, Lecithin, Vitamin A and E, Iron oxides
There are a lot of scientific names in there, if you know what I mean. These are as mentioned, natural and beneficial for the skin.
What do I think of Advanced Mineral makeup based on my experience?
When I received them, I instantly tried them on. I was in the process of switching skin care products and I broke out around my nose area as well as the sides of my face. Initially, I assumed it was from the foundation or powder. So, obviously I stopped using them, waited for my face to heal, and then jumped right back into it, just to see if it was really the cause.
Fortunately, it wasn’t! I think my skin was simply adjusting to my new skin care routine and the toxins were being extracted that’s why I was breaking out. Unfortunately, this delayed my review process. But here are my thoughts on the products.
ADVANCED MINERAL MAKEUP LIQUID MINERAL FOUNDATION:
- The liquid foundation comes in a 30 ml (1 fl oz) bottle which is a decent amount of product.
- The bottle looks very sleek and it’s light-weight too.
- The bottle comes with a pump that’s extremely convenient and sanitary. It’s definitely a huge plus for me.
- The color Praline is a good match to my skin tone which is an NC25-NC30 in MAC.
- It doesn’t have any smell.
- It contains natural sunscreen which is Zinc Oxide.
- The coverage is sheer but buildable so I guess that makes it OK in my case. (It’s a 50-50 for me)
- It feels light on the face, sets really well, and is great for every day use.
- It has micro-glitter that reflects light on your face giving you a healthy glow without having to highlight the face. This can be a good thing for dry skin types, but if you have oily skin, you have to apply and pore-minimizing face primer and avoid brightening face primers so you won’t look like a Twilight vampire when sunlight hits your face (har)
- It photographs fairly well and looks good on camera because of the reflective feature.
- It definitely helped reduce my fine lines and made my skin a lot smoother in conjunction with my new skin care routine.
- I haven’t broken out when I started using this foundation, but I also have to consider my skin care routine.
- I love that is it is Vegan makeup, therefore it’s cruelty free.
- It’s all natural, paraben, filler, and fragrance free. It’s great for sensitive skin and those suffering from acne, rosacea, hyper-pigmentation, and dryness.
- It’s used in Grey’s Anatomy and NCIS! (Gaaah!) I know it’s shallow but I really think it’s awesome that I’m wearing Meredith’s makeup (LOL)
- It retails for $44.00 which is a 50-50 to some, but if you are willing to spend dollars on high end makeup, why not invest on something that’s safe, beneficial to your skin, vegan and cruelty free!
- You only have seven shades to choose from which can be a little limiting despite having Praline as a very good match to mine.
- It’s a sheer coverage. So for someone like me who has acne scars and occasional break-outs, it can get a little tedious having to build up the coverage and reinforce it with concealer. But on good days, I feel great about it because it looks like my skin, like I don’t have foundation on.
- It’s wasteful to use with a beauty blender. You can use a buffing brush or your fingers.
- When you initially apply it on your face, it does streak a bit even with a buffing brush, and it takes a few seconds, probably fifteen, for it to blend in. But when it does, it looks so natural.
- For an oily skin type, this foundation alone will get shiny eventually. But when set with the powder and a setting spray, it stays matte for most part of the day.
- It comes in a really nice, sturdy, palm-sized compact with a nice full mirror.
- It’s durable! (It fell a few times and the powder was still intact)
- It has natural sunscreen.
- It functions as a foundation, setting powder, concealer (sets your concealer as well) and a sunscreen.
- It’s very easy to apply and it’s not powdery at all.
- It leaves the skin with a satin matte finish that photographs really well and looks great on camera.
- It doesn’t settle into my fine lines which is definitely a plus for me since I’ve always had issues with that.
- It sets my foundation well. It doesn’t really mattify my skin but more of a satin matte. It holds well throughout the day as long as I apply a good primer and set it with a setting spray.
- You only have four colors to choose from.
- It has a certain smell to it but it’s not really unpleasant. I don’t mind it that much.
That is all I have to say about these Advanced Mineral Makeup products. I hope that this was informative enough for you. If you are interested in them, do check out www.advancedmineralmakeup.com and browse other products in their line. The Advanced Mineral Makeup line is also available at high-end beauty salons, dermatologist offices, and spas. For a full list of locations click here.
For a demonstration of how I apply these products, as well as a preview of how they appear on the skin on camera and their coverage, check out my video below. See Give away details after the video.
The details of the give away are the following:
Give away prize:
One (1) Advanced Mineral Makeup pressed powder compact (retails for $38.50) and a special gift bag worth $35.00!
- This Advanced Mineral Makeup Give away is open to US residents only.
- If you are below 18 years old, you must have the permission of your parents to give out your mailing address.
- You must be a subscriber to my channel.
- ‘Like’ Advanced Mineral Makeup on Facebook
- Share this blog post on either Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest using the share button at the bottom of this post. Tag (@Makeup by Janz) for Facebook, tweet (@maricarljanah @advancedmineral) for Twitter. This is important so we will see that you shared it.
Go to the Advanced Mineral Makeup website and choose what shade of powder you want if you won.
- Comment the shade on this blog post along with the following details:
– Your Facebook name– Your YouTube username– Your Twitter username– Your email address so we can contact you when you are chosen as the winner
So, what are your thoughts on this cosmetic line? Have you heard of it before? are you a fan of Grey’s Anatomy too!? OMG. let me know your favorite character!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog. Scroll up to the upper right hand corner of the page and enter your email to get automatically updated every time I have a new post. Also, my social media widgets are on the right side as well. Feel free to drop me a comment, question, or just say hello!
If you think this post was helpful then feel free to share it with your friends. The share tabs for Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest are just underneath 🙂
Till next time!