A review of the BH Cosmetics 28 Neutral Color Eye Shadow Palette
I purchased the BH Cosmetics 28 Neutral Color Eye Shadow Palette a while back when they had an awesome sale that included the BH San Francisco Eye shadow and Blush palette and a 12-pc Brush Kit for less than $20. I’ve always wanted to try this particular palette because the color selection is great for every day looks. I’ve seen a lot of reviews on it, but I felt the need to come up with my own because I wanted to feature tips and tricks I learned from using it apart from the common swatches and general overview of the product.
So, I hope that I get to deliver a comprehensive review that truly helps you get the most out of your BH Cosmetics 28 Neutral Color Eye Shadow Palette.
PRODUCT DETAILS: BH Cosmetics 28 Neutral Color Eye Shadow Palette
- Retail price is $18.95, but it is on sale for $12.95. Check it out here.
- It comes in a revamped packaging featuring a clear front cover so you can see all the eye shadows.
- It also has the standard clear film that protects the eye shadows.
- The eye shadows come in a large-pan size approximately comparable to MAC eye shadows.
- There are 28 eye shadows that are a mix of matte, shimmer, and satin.
- It features basic colors like black and white, as well as common neutrals for crease and transition application.
THOUGHTS: BH Cosmetics 28 Neutral Color Eye Shadow Palette
- The new packaging is aesthetically pleasing, but is prone to blotches from handling and it’s quite challenging to clean unless you take the time to use a wet wipe.
- The size isn’t very travel-friendly in my opinion. But it’s a great palette to keep on your vanity for every day use.
- The amount of product is practical.
- The eye shadows are a little bit chalky, but nothing I’m entirely displeased with.
- The saying “A little goes a long way” doesn’t apply to this palette. Don’t hesitate to dig in.
- The color selection is great; however, the pigmentation is not very good, especially the shimmery eye shadows.
- The shimmery eye shadows are disappointing, but you get your money’s worth. I love this palette for its matte neutral shades anyway.
- You can definitely fix the pigmentation problem with the use of a primer. Below, you will find a comparison of swatches with and without primer
Here are two tips I would like to share with you in terms of usage of the BH Cosmetics 28 Neutral Color Eye Shadow Palette:
USE A PRIMER. Below is a photo comparing eye shadow swatches on top of the NYX eye shadow base in neutral, Sedona Lace Stick it to em eye shadow primer, and without a primer, respectively.
USE A NON-SYNTHETIC BRUSH. Synthetic brushes are better for cream and liquid products. if you swatch these eye shadows with your fingers alone, you won’t be able to pick up much. Using a vegan or non-synthetic brush will allow you to get ample amount of product and better application.
Personally, I love using my Sedona Lace Stick it to em eye shadow primer with this palette. it’s quite watery, but sets well on the lids. I suggest applying the eye shadow after it is semi-dried. this allows the color to really settle in and appear more vibrant. Trust me, there is a huge difference in applying these eye shadows with and without a primer.
All in all, I wouldn’t recommend the BH Cosmetics 28 Neutral Color Eye Shadow Palette to makeup artists because there are several neutral palettes out there that have better pigmentation.
In my opinion, this is just a great go-to every day makeup palette if you want a variety of neutral colors in matte form (since the shimmery ones are not great at all) that is very affordable. If you want one for yourself, subscribe to the BH Cosmetics newsletter so you can be updated on sales and promos. Honestly, I wouldn’t buy this palette if it’s not on sale or included in a good deal.
I hope this was helpful and leave me comments about your thoughts on this palette. Was this post helpful in any way? Don’t forget to share it if it was! Thanks for reading and I will see you in my next post!