I was randomly looking at the Bath & Body Works site, drooling over all the products they have when I impulsively decided to get myself a few things. The problem was that I got a bit confused which one to buy.
I’ve hoarded a lot of body lotions and a few body creams without caring about their difference. But in cases where I don’t have the liberty of a loaded pocket to NOT CARE, I had to figure it out.
With this dilemma at hand, I quickly went to work. I love how my motivation is automatically put on hype in times like these!
Only shopping could do that to me!
The whole thing triggered the curiosity button in me which obviously commanded my wits to go and find out the answer.
Well, obviously both preparations are made to retain moisture in our skin keeping it hydrated, therefore, it feels soft, smooth, and supple like a baby’s bottom!
But the question is, which one will fit you? When asked to choose between a body lotion, or a body cream…what will you get?
- This emollient is made of more water than oil making it non-greasy.
- It’s lighter and thinner in consistency which allows it to cover larger parts of the body.
- It has a cooling effect when applied to the skin making it preferable during warmer seasons like Summer.
- Lotions also work well over parts covered with moderate hair. (No, it’s not effective on manly chest hairs)
- It’s also used when the case of dry skin is more on the mild side.
- It is usually formulated to simply re-hydrate, smoothen, and soften skin.
- It’s also used for other purposes such as massage, foreplay, and…masturbation.
- It’s made of 50% water and 50% oil.
- It’s a lot thicker or heavier in consistency and feel when compared to lotions.
- It’s said to be ideal during cooler seasons. These products help moisturize the skin amidst the heavy blow of cold winds.
- Most creams are used during the night upon sleeping to retain moisture after a shower.
- It’s generally used for skin disorders such as psoriasis and eczema or other skin conditions that denotes extremely dry skin.
- It’s applied on drier areas of the body like elbows and knees.
- It can be spread over a small area of skin and can be used without wasting much product.
- Creams are particularly useful when the product does not have to be taken off the skin immediately
- It’s generally thought to be better moisturizers.
- Usually infused with fragrances.
So that’s what I came up with so far. After reading all these things from everywhere on the internet, I have come to a realization that I have very few body creams & the few that I have are my absolute favorites! So, I decided to shop for more Bath & Body Works Body creams, namely: Plumeria, Mignight Pomegranate, Sweet Pea & Cozy, and Fiji Passion fruit!
I am so ecstatic to get them. I already have the Midnight Pomegaranate which I have tortuously tried to keep from using because I love it so much and I don’t want to run out of it!
I hope this has been helpful to you! The next time you go in a store and get overwhelmed by all the body moisturizers you see, you’ll know exactly the kind you want 🙂