Your very own lipstick palette under $1!
Welcome back to my blog. Today I will be sharing with you a super easy DIY tutorial on how to create your own lipstick palette. There are several tutorials like this out there but let me share with you the reasons why you need to keep reading:
- The palette itself is only $0.88
- The size of the palette is very travel friendly AND can fit a small train case!
- It takes less than 30 minutes to finish one palette.
- The whole process is a NO-BRAINER!
Here’s what my palettes look like.
So, are you convinced? Well then, let’s get right on it!
- The pill box we are going to use is from Walmart. It’s an AM/PM weekly pill box that’s only $0.88 and it comes with 14 compartments. Here’s how it looks like.
- You can remove the writings with pure acetone. Just be patient, it takes about 5 to 10 minutes.
- After you’ve removed the writing, collect your lipsticks and arrange them according to color. I did mine 4 ways: Reds, Purples, Nudes, and Pinks because I bought 2 pill boxes.
- I used a makeup wipe to remove the lipstick from the tube and transfer them to the pill boxes. It’s easier because I have more control and I can automatically flatten them into the compartments. There’s no need for melting or scraping.
- Use makeup wipes to clean the compartments and the pill box so it looks neat and professional.
And that is it! What I love about this pill box is that it has 14 compartments, each compartment fits a full tube of lipstick, and the size of the entire thing fits the palm of my hands. This is perfect because I can easily fit it in my train case, makeup bag, or travel bag without worrying about taking up too much space. I also love that it’s only $0.88! You just organized 28 lipsticks in under $2.00!
I hope that this was helpful! Don’t hesitate to comment if you have any questions about this tutorial or if you just want to say hi. Thank you for continuously supporting my blog. I will be coming up with more easy and affordable DIY tutorials soon. I have another DIY Eco-friendly tutorial post coming up and it’s beauty related! Subscribe to my blog to get email updates whenever I have a new post or follow me on my social media.
I will see you in my next post!