I created this series because of my Gold obsession these past few months. I figured it was a great way to play with colors.
Gold is a very versatile color and there are different shades that fit every skin tone. This is the first installment inspired by the tropics.
The products you will need to create the look:
ELF Eye Primer & Line Sealer
Ever Bilena Mousse eye shadow in Amber
DollFace Cosmetics 42 Shimmer Palette with 10 pc Blush Palette
DollFace Cosmetics 72 palette
Wet & Wild Mega Liner in no. 864
East Girl eye liner in Gold
NYX round lipstick in Femme
How to create the look:
- Prime your eyes to prevent oily lids from smudging your eyeshadows and to prolong the staying power of your eye make-up.
- Apply a gold cream base that the eyeshadow can hold on to. This will make the colors seem brighter and more vibrant.
- Apply a vibrant gold shimmer eyeshadow on top of your cream base, making sure you stay away from your crease area.
- Take a maroon eyeshadow and apply it with a crease brush on your crease area and outer third of your lids. Extend the eye shadow towards the lower half of your lids.
- To add more definition and depth to the crease area, pick out a dark purple eyeshadow and apply it with a pencil brush, then blend it with the maroon eyeshadow using a blending brush. Blending is very important so take your time!
- To create a smooth transition from your lids to your brow bone, apply a warm orange-toned brown on the harsh edges of your crease make-up.
- Choose a matte baby pink eyeshadow and apply t on your brow bone. This will be your highlight.
- Line your upper lids with a purple eyeliner or liquid liner.
- Line your lower water line with a gold eyeliner.
- Curl your lashes and apply a coat of mascara, then put on your favorite false eyelashes to complete your eye look.
- Take a light pink blush and apply it on the hollows of your cheeks and blend it upwards.
- Use a light bronzer that has a bit of shimmer and apply it with a small angled face brush on your cheekbone. This will add a bronzed look and highlight on your face.
- To complete the whole look, take a color that is opposite of the cool colors we uses for the eyes. Pick out a warm colored lipstick. I chose a coral shade.
Here are some of the pictures of the look