A closer look at the Real Techniques Core Collection
This is a review of the Real Techniques Core Collection. If you are not familiar with the brand, Real Techniques brushes are actually designed by Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo on YouTube. You can always check out their channel to see their videos and most likely get obsessed.
The Real Techniques Core Collection is just one of the many collections they have available. It mainly consists of face brushes including:
- Foundation brush
- Detailer/Concealer/Lip brush
- Contouring brush
- Buffing brush
Real Techniques Core Collection details:
- It’s available online at their website, Ulta, and Drugstore.com. but you can purchase them for cheaper on Amazon.
- It’s also available at select Walmart stores.
- It retails for $17.99
- The collection consists of 4 full-size brushes and a versatile case that can be used as a traveling case and stand.
The main reason why this was the first collection I purchased is because it has everything you need to create a flawless makeup base.
Here are some of my thoughts:
- I love that the brush holder can be a stand for your vanity as well as a travel bag for your brushes.
- It has 2 wider straps at the left side to hold your eye brushes.
- The size is not too big and not too small, so it can hold regular sized brushes, which is great if you don’t have travel sized ones.
- It’s durable.
- The handles are a good length and very comfortable on the hands.
- The design is an identifier, and I love that!
- The bristles are soft on the skin and very effective at blending product evenly.
- It picks up just the right amount of product.
- They are very easy to clean.
Now let’s look at each brush closely.
Real Techniques Core Collection – Buffing Brush
It’s great for a fuller, flawless coverage. I usually apply foundation in a circular motion with this brush. It’s so comfortable to use because the handle is just the right length. The bristles are very soft and dense enough to give just the right amount of product.
Real Techniques Core Collection – Foundation Brush
The foundation brush may be small, but don’t let it fool you. The bristles are flexible but compact so it effectively blends the foundation without the ugly streaking. It can also be used for cream blushes and liquid highlighters as well as applying concealer on wider areas on the face.
Real Techniques Core Collection – Contour Brush
The contouring brush is amazing! I love it because it’s the right size for any face shape or size and you can precisely apply your contour powder or bronzer & build it up depending on what look you are doing.
Real Techniques Core Collection – Detailer Brush
The detailer brush can be used for eyeshadows, concealer, or lipstick! Talk about versatility. This brush has a very slim handle that makes it so much easier to control and hold on to.
For the price that’s less than $20.00 this set is a MUST-HAVE! Whether you are a beginner or a makeup enthusiast, you need these brushes in your life. It’s a great set for personal or professional use! They are multifunctional, easy to use, and the brush holder is very versatile.
I have no negative comments about these brushes. I’ve been using them every single day and I finally got another collection. If you are curious which one, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog, follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and like my Facebook page to get updated.
With these babies, you don’t need so much brushes in your life. I applaud Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo for doing an incredible job at providing quality-made brushes for affordable prices!
For videos of me using these brushes, check these out:
Remember to keep your eyes peeled for my next Real techniques Collection post! It’s part of my Birthday Haul just like the Coastal Scents Blush Too Palette and Coastal Scents Brow Set. I will be posting my Birthday haul video soon.
See you on my next post!