Skin Care with Michael Todd True Organics is All Natural & Cruelty Free
I will be sharing my new skin care with Michael Todd True Organics. I have been slowly, but surely leaning towards all-natural, vegan, and cruelty free beauty products. Although it’s not easy, I am determined to see this through because we all need to be more aware of what we use on our bodies, considering the various artificial ingredients being developed and integrated in consumer products nowadays.
If you are interested in starting this journey too, then check out my review of Advanced Mineral Makeup, an all-natural, vegan, and cruelty free makeup line that I recently introduced to all my readers.
Before anything else, my skin type is oily, pimple-prone, with scarring, and redness on my nose and chin area. I have been using the following Michael Todd True Organics products:
- Honey & Oat Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser
- Tropical Fruit Enzyme Exfoliant Scrub
- Organic Lemon AHA + DHEA Toner
- Hyaluronic acid + Vitamin C Antioxidant Moisturizing Serum
“Completely removes dirt, oil, makeup, and other impurities without stripping skin’s natural moisture. Oat Extract penetrates deeply into pores to draw out impurities and deep clean. Honey, a natural humectant, adds back moisture for smoother, more resilient, supple skin. Rinses thoroughly without residue leaving skin feeling clean, soft and smooth and refreshed.”
Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Organic Lavander distillate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocopolyglucoside Citrate, Oat Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan gum, Vegetable Glycerin, Acai fruit pulp powder, Organic Honey, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Pro Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, EDTA, Essential Oils
- The price ($24.00) is reasonable for an all-natural, cruelty-free product.
- The packaging is sturdy, durable, and has a pump dispenser. All Michael Todd True Organics products use airless containers to retain freshness of products, since they are made of natural ingredients.
- You get 210 ml or 7.1 fl oz of product which is a good amount that will last quite a while even if used every day. (You only need a pea-size amount to cover the entire face)
- The product has a thick, clear, gel-like consistency and appearance to it. Usually, in my book, thick consistency connotes “more hydration”
- It smells delicious! It also smells fresh and clean. It’s such a joy to use in the mornings.
- It feels really smooth on the skin as I apply it.
- It doesn’t lather up which doesn’t surprise me because usually, all-natural products don’t. But my face feels very clean after washing.
- It effectively cleans my face with or without makeup. I suggest washing twice, first to remove makeup, then to thoroughly cleanse the face of residue.
- After washing with this cleanser, my face feels a bit tight as my pores close and it’s oil free but still supple. And as they claim, it leaves the skin smooth and fresh.
“Naturally fruity refreshing skin treatment that uses the power of Papaya and Pineapple Enzymes as a mild non-irritating exfoliant to remove dead skin, impurities and toxins without irritation caused by scrubbing. Exfoliates, moisturizes and firms, improves elasticity and pliability of the skin, unclogs pores allowing skin to breathe and facilitates movement of skin oils. Gently refines skin texture and encourages skin renewal.”
Organic Aloe Juice, Coconut RBD Oil, Jojoba Wax Beads, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Walnut Shell Powder, Phenoxyethanol, Lemon Essential Oil, Organic Green Papaya Extract, Organic Pineapple Extract, Organic Papaya Extract, Orange, Sweet Essential Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Pyrus Cydonia (Quince) Juice, Licorice Extract, Acai Fruit Pulp Powder, Sugar Cane, Banana Fruit Puree, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid.
- You get 100 ml or 3.4 fl oz of product for only $18.00.
- Infused with organic fruit extracts and sugar that offer natural exfoliation.
- This provides my skin the exfoliation it needs without irritating or drying it.
- It smells like fruit candy! It’s so delicious, but obviously you don’t eat this stuff.
- The beads are of average size, so make sure you are gentle with this especially if you have very thin, sensitive skin and are not used to exfoliating. My skin needed some good rubbing because it was getting rough, and this helped a lot.
- It also has skin renewing properties that allows for my scarring to fade out and new skin cells to appear. This would be great in partnership with PMD (Personal Microderm) which I also reviewed in the past. If you are interested in checking that out, the link is here.
- The directions on the packaging does say to be careful not to overstimulate the face with the scrub, and that’s great that they make sure to give a heads up to the user.
- I only use this every other day during night time to prevent my skin from getting too exfoliated and overstimulating circulation.
“A refreshing toner with the refreshing scent of lemons. Blended with DMAE to firm and lift the skin and Alpha Hydroxy Acid to ease away the appearance of fine lines, blotches, and discolorations for more vibrant, even-toned, radiant looking skin. Cleans and maintains the skin’s proper pH without the drying effects of alcohol. Prepares skin for serums and moisturizers.”
Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Vaccinium Myrtillus (Organic Bilberry) Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Organic Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Organic Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Auranium Dulcis (Organic Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Organic Lemon) Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Organic Cranberry) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), Vegetable Glycerin, Polysorbate, Essential Oils, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Salix Nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract.
WHAT IS AHA? It stands for Alpha-hydroxy acids. It may help with fine lines, irregular pigmentation and age spots, and may help decrease enlarged pores. Side effects of alpha-hydroxy acids include mild irritation and sun sensitivity. Sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher and limiting exposure to the sun is highly recommended. It’s important to ease into products with AHA. Start by using it every other day until the skin gets used to its strength.
WHAT IS DMAE? It stands for dimethylaminoethanol. It’s naturally produced by the brain and helps in proper mental function. it’s rich in anchovies, salmon and sardines. In skin care, it has shown to greatly help in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- You get a lot of product for the price.
- It comes in a sturdy container.
- It’s refreshing!
- It smells like real lemons.
- It doesn’t leave my skin dry or irritated.
- I suggest you slowly get your skin used to this toner since it contains AHA & DMAE. Start with every other day.
- It will leave a little (I really mean little) bit of a sting but nothing concerning.
- You need to use sun block!
- It will help even out your skin tone and fade scars.
“Enriched with Vitamins A, Pro-vitamin B5, C, E, Co-Enzyme Q-10 and “universal antioxidant” Alpha Lipoic Acid to fortify skin against environmental stressors. Protects against UV induced sun damage and reverses signs of aging to the skin. “
Rosa Damascena (Rose) Distillate, Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE), Emulsifying Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam Seed) Oil, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Organic Bilberry) Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Organic Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharinum (Organic Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Auranium Dulcis (Organic Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Organic Lemon) Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Organic Cranberry) Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol, Coq10, Beta Carotene (Pro Vitamin A), Retinol Palmitate (Vitamin A), Alpha Lipoic Acid (DL- Thioctic Acid), Dl-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Daucus Carota (Carrot) Oil, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide Gum), Rosa Damascena (Rose) Absolute, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid.
WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID? It is popular for its ability to reverse aging, or simply put, it has anti-aging benefits. This is usually used in tandem with Vitamin C to further penetrate the skin. It is naturally occurring in humans and animals.
HOW IS VITAMIN C USED IN SKIN CARE?
Vitamin C helps to minimize fine lines, scars, and wrinkles. It is the only antioxidant proven to stimulate synthesis of collagen which is depleted with sun exposure. According to what I’ve read, the form of vitamin C beneficial for the skin is L-ascorbic acid. it also comes in the form magnesium ascorbyl phosphate or ascorbyl palmitate.
- It comes in a pump container!
- It feels amazing on the skin!
- It smells fresh and fruity.
- It sinks in the skin right away.
- It leaves my skin super smooth like a baby’s bottom.
- It isn’t greasy or difficult to work with.
All in all my skin feels smoother and my fine lines have slowly become less obvious. I feel youthful, and my skin feels like it was doused with fresh fruits and is dancing with joy! I love this skin care routine. If you wanna watch how I use them, check out my updated skin care with Michael Todd True Organics video here:
If you want to know more about Michael Todd True Organics, its background, what they offer, and why it’s time to switch, just check out their website here.
Now for the best part! A treat for all my readers and viewers! All the links for MTTO in this post are especially made to give you an automatic 20% discount when you check out, no coupon codes needed!
Also, once you register from clicking my link (enter your email address when the pop-up box appears on the site when you open it) you are automatically eligible for 20% discount every purchase for the entire year! What’s the catch? Nothing at all! MTTO just wants everyone to try their products and hopefully love them enough to keep going back for more.
This is for all my subscribers on YouTube and of course my readers. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel and like the video if you found it helpful. Share this to anyone who would be interested! Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I will talk to you again soon.